Hamptons Wellness: The Benefits of Ginger: Ginger is widely used throughout the world for treating loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting after surgery, nausea resulting from cancer treatment, flatulence,stomach upset, colic, morning sickness and motion sickness.
In some parts of the world, ginger juice is applied to the skin to treat burns
GINGER: Nausea, upset stomach…When I was pregnant with both of my daughters I have really bad morning sickness and I was nauseous all the time, literally until they were born. This is why they are 6 1/2 years apart and why I only have 2.
Some say drink Ginerale & Saltine Crackers but the sugar from the gingerale made me feel sicker…Ginger Tea is the Best..Treat yourself to a cup of piping hot ginger tea, a healthy drink that’s great for digestion. Why go out and buy old tea bags when you can easily make your own homemade ginger tea at home using fresh ginger? Here’s how to make the tastiest ginger tea you’ve ever had!
- 4-6 thin slices raw ginger
- 1½ - 2 cups water
- juice from ½ lime, or to taste
- 1-2 tbsp honey or agave nectar, or to taste
- Peel the ginger and slice thinly to maximize the surface area. This will help you make a very flavorful ginger tea.
- Boil the ginger in water for at least 10 minutes. For a stronger and tangier tea, allow to boil for 20 minutes or more, and use more slices of ginger.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice and honey (or agave nectar) to taste.
9 Terrific Benefits of Ginger
- Eat fresh ginger just before lunch to stoke a dull appetite and fire up the digestive juices.
- Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
- Ginger clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including the pesky sinuses that tend to flare up from time to time.
- Feeling airsick or nauseous? Chew on ginger, preferably tossed in a little honey.
- Ginger helps reduce flatulence!
- Ginger helps with Tummy moaning and groaning under cramps?
- Ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties—can bring relief. Float some ginger essential oil into your bath to help aching muscles and joints.
- Chewing ginger post-operation can help overcome nausea.
- Stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion. And when there’s a nip in the air, the warming benefits of this tasty tea are even greater
Hamptons Wellness: The Benefits of Ginger: