Best Kept Secrets in the Hamptons….The Hamptons a place where some drop $500,000 on a 2 weeks rental to meet men is only 3% of what really takes place in this resort area. Many hard working people live here full-time, vacation, own 2nd homes or just visit for the day or weekend. There is much to do and tons of hidden treasures that many visitors and locals don’t know about….I am sharing with you some of my personal favorites..I most enjoy Sag Harbor and Montauk and that is because they are both so warm and inviting. They are family friendly and there is a feeling of unity when you visit these areas.
Montauk has some places that I absolutely love:
- Gurney’s Inn : Great buffet breakfast
- East by Northeast because you can see the sunset from every seat in the restaurant and it is breath-taking, not to mention the duck tacos are to die for.
- Shagwong Restaurant…It is small and the decor is so local but the fish is fresh and delicious…great family place
Love Pancakes……… then John’s Pancakes is the place for you….
having a party how about catering the BEST FRIED CHICKEN in the Hamptons…Herb’s Market in Montauk
Amagansett: Known for really good Lobster Roll….Lobster Roll Restaurant
Stephen Talk House for great live Music…if you are lucky you may even catch Bon Jovi there…
Amagansett Beach & Bike: Bike rentals and tours and kayat rental & tours,You can learn to Row, Kayak, Surf or Kiteboard….. tell them Hamptons Mouthpiece referred you.
- Whites Pharmacy offers free make-overs and sells on top brand cosmetics, haircare, skincare and suncare…they also carry an extensive gift card collection and magazines.
- East Hampton Jr. Lifeguard program for kids 8-16….starts end of June, check out the Town of East hampton for more information
- Golden Pear: Seafood Stew…this dish is not served often but when it is…run and get it…It is one of the best meals I have ever tasted….DELICIOUS..locations in East Hampton, Sag Harbor, Bridgehampton and Southampton
- East Hampton Studio: looking to have an event place that holds over 500 people….this should be on the list
- Lucy’s Whey: really delicious cheese (located on North Main)
- East Hampton florist:I love this florist, they are so talented
- Pumpernickels Deli…located in East Hampton…really good Italian Heroes
- Turtle Crossing, Friday nights (Mamalee band performs 5-7pm in the summer)
- Cornbread is delicious and so is the BBQ
- Bay Burger: located on Sag Harbor turnpike….best Lobster Rolls in the Hamptons and on Thursday nights check out the Jamming
- Palm Produce Resortwear: bathing suits are reasonable prices…located on Main Street
- Provisions: Best grilled Chicken and tossed salad, make sure get the green salad dressing, my personal favorite is the tuna salad (its made with veganaisse)
- Espresso: This place makes the absolute BEST sandwiches in all of the Hamptons…personal favorite (grilled chicken, mozz,mushroom on Focatio bread)
- Cavaniola’s: located on 114….really good cheese, fresh bread and amazing sandwiches….not sure of the day but they do a wine & cheese tasting
- Sag Harbor Rowing Club: looking for something fun for the kids to do, rowing is fun and different
- Park Camp….Free summer camp for kids M-F 9a-12n….call Southampton Town for more information and sign-up dates
- Want a private Lifeguard to come to your house to teach swimming: Danielle Leggard is a licensed and registered Swim Instructor….email for rates and availability…..firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hamptons is full of hidden treasures, besides the ones listed above, need a photographer for you event, Photography By Kurt is amazing, reasonably priced, personable and very, very reliable….see his work here…www.photographybykurt.net
Looking for a really good burger: Rowdy Hall in East Hampton, Corner Bar, Bay Burger and LT Burger in Sag Harbor, Barristers and Southampton Publick House in Southampton…How about chartering a Sailboat, Dove Charters in Sag Harbor, Great workout places, Core Dynamics in Watermill, Sag Harbor Gym in Sag Harbor, Personal Best in Bridgehampton or Evolution Fitness and my favorite “Soul Cycle in Brideghampton and East Hampton… many unique boutique clothing stores: check out Shop Renaissance in Southampton, Urban Zen in Sag Harbor, Collette Consignment in Sag harbor, or new comer b.b.balsam…
Want Pizza but you don’t want to drive to get it…American Pie in Bridgehampton Commons delivers….this is really good gem when you have guests and you have no food….631-613-6177 Now I don’t want to forget about Rumba in Hampton Bays….really good BBQ
Monday nights at Sagg Main Beach for Drum Circle…get there early because it gets crowded and parking is limited….
Do you have a budding young actor or actress…Stages a young people theater workshop is something to look into…all day camp and performances in both July and August….see all past performance pictures at
FREE BASEBALL CLINICS…..
The Sag Harbor Whalers will be hosting free clinics at Mashashimuet Park on the following dates: June 19th and 26th, as well as July 3rd, 10th, and 17th. This will be a great opportunity for the young kids of the community to interact with the players and learn the fundamentals of the game from collegiate baseball players. Spread the word!
I will try my best to inform you about the hidden treasures in the Hamptons in future blogs, I would like to do a hidden treasures in the Northfork so please send me information if you want to be included.
till next time….need an introduction, a foot in the door, information ask Hamptons Mouthpiece….