3rd Annual Katy’s Courage 5K 2013: Greetings Hamptons MouthPiece Readers…Saturday, April 13th will be the 3rd Annual Katy’s Courage 5K run in Sag Harbor, Kathryn Collins Stewart a 12 year old who lost her battle to a rare form of liver cancer in December 2010, but not before she captured the hearts of so many in our community.
Last year during the 2nd Annual Katy’s Courage 5k run in Sag Harbor, oh… what a chilly day it was. Sun lit, cool and windy was the call of the day but it could not dampen the wonderful turnout of supporters from attending this extraordinary event. The crowd was energenic and motivated to participate in the run. Cheeks were rosy, gloves were on but the runners were prepared. Once again, Sag Harbor was at it’s best as the support for a worthy cause was presented and represented by EVERYONE! Thanks Katy, for inspiring us to try to match your courage, grit and indomitable spirit in fulfilling your mission to help others. We love you Katy!
Join Katy’s Parents, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, Sag Harbor Family and tons of friends for the 3rd Annual 5k in Sag Harbor…you can run or walk, bring the kids, the dog, whatever suits your fancy…Hamptons MouthPiece will be out there and we hope to see you.
- Saturday, April 13th, 2013 @ 830am-1130am
- Third annual Katy’s Courage 5K!
- Officially register for the event here: CLICK HERE
- When: Saturday, April 13, 2013, Starts 8:30 a.m. sharp
- Where: Sag Harbor, NY
- Cost: Pre Reg: $25.00; $30.00 Day of Race
- Check in: 7:00 – 8:15 am. Race starts promptly at 8:30
- Course: Rather flat with a few small hills around Sag Harbor Village
- Age Groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89
- Awards: Top 3 males and 3 females overall and first three in each age group.
- If you are interested in sponsoring Katy’s Courage 5K of 2013 Please Click Here
DIRECTIONS TO THE REGISTRATION AREA:21 Water Street
Coming into Sag Harbor, go down Main Street almost to the end (the water), at the round-about, go around as if you were going to make a u-turn, but instead of a complete u-turn, veer to the right – that’s Water Street. Go past the Post Office, and just beyond the Beacon Restaurant on the right is an open area. That’s where registration will take place.
Kathryn, who was known as “Katy” to family and friends, succumbed to hepatoblastoma with her family by her side. The lifelong Sag Harbor resident had been battling the disease since 2009. All proceeds go directly to Katy’ s Courage Fund, set up by Katy’s Family. Katy’s Courage Fund, is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to education and support for families and children through scholarships, support for counseling, and pediatric cancer research.
For more information on Katy’s Courage and Katy Stewart’s journey, please visit Facebook page here (http://www.facebook.com/katyscourage).