4th Annual Katy’s Courage 5K 2014: Saturday, April 5th will be the 4th Annual Katy’s Courage 5K run in Sag Harbor, Kathryn Collins Stewart a 12 year old who lost her battle to a rare form of liver cancer in December 2010, but not before she captured the hearts of so many in our community.
Katy’s Courage is a not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to education and support for families and children through scholarships, support for children’s bereavement counseling and pediatric cancer research.
Last year during the 3rd Annual Katy’s Courage 5k run in Sag Harbor, the weather was slightly warmer than the year before, I have no idea what this temperamental weather is going to be this year. The event is 1 week earlier in April this year. The crowd was energetic and motivated to take part in the run. Cheeks were rosy, gloves were on but the runners were ready. The East Hampton Spring Track Team were their to support the event, members of the team were among the first to finish the race, will they be able to do it again this year?
Once again, Sag Harbor was at it’s best as the support for a worthy cause was presented and represented by EVERYONE! Thanks Katy, for inspiring us to try to match your courage, grit and indomitable spirit in fulfilling your mission to help others. We love you Katy!
- Saturday, April 5th, 2014 @ 830am-1130am
- Fourth annual Katy’s Courage 5K!
- Officially register for the event here: [button color=”pink” link=”http://katyscourage.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=634″ target=”_blank” font=”tahoma” align=”left”]CLICK HERE[/button]
- When: Saturday, April 5th, 2014 Starts 8:30 a.m. sharp
- Where: Sag Harbor, NY
- Cost: Pre Reg: $25.00; $30.00 Day of Race
- Check in: 7:00 – 8:15 am. Race starts promptly at 8:30
- Course: Rather flat with a few small hills around Sag Harbor Village
- Age Groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89
- Awards: Top 3 males and 3 females overall and first three in each age group.
- If you are interested in sponsoring Katy’s Courage 5K of 2014 Please Click Here
Take a look at last year’s video…
For more information on Katy’s Courage and Katy Stewart’s journey, please visit Facebook page here (http://www.facebook.com/katyscourage).