Hamptons Best Breakfast Picks..breakfast is not only the most important meal of the day, it is also my absolute favorite meal of the day. How many of you love a good Breakfast? How many of you could eat breakfast for every meal? When I cannot decide what to cook for dinner, my daughter turns to me and says let’s have breakfast food.
Are you so busy during the week rushing, that breakfast for you consists of breakfast on the go…fruit, smoothie, bagel, boiled egg or cereal? Wouldn’t you love to sit down on the weekend and have a big breakfast? When I have time, I like to indulge my family with a super-duper old style “my tradition” breakfast on the weekends by making omelets, bacon, grits, home-fries, biscuits, waffles or pancakes topped with sauteed bananas in hot maple syrup … I know I go completely over-board but so what. If you are only having this type of meal twice a month, what is the big deal? There are however those days when we like to go out to eat and I thought I would share my favorite breakfast spots with you. There is nothing more exasperating than going out for breakfast and being disappointed, so here are some Hamptons favorites by both myself and my friends. Enjoy!
Hamptons Best Breakfast Picks
- Estia’s in Sag Harbor...1615 Bridgehampton Sag Harbor Turnpike, Sag Harbor, NY (631) 725-1045 estiaslittlekitchen.com
Breakfast with a mexican touch..It a small place and the wait could be out the door on a Saturday Morning. Tip: try the Omelets* breakfast Burrito with the spicy mexican salsa and the short stack with fresh blueberries and bananas..
- Provisions in Sag Harbor..7 Main St, Sag Harbor, NY 11963
(631) 725-3636 www.provisionsnaturalfoods…Tip:try the spinach omelette…really good..then make sure you come back there for lunch…
- Hampton Maid Hotel: Hampton Bays..259 East Montauk Hwy, Hampton Bays, NY 11946
(631) 728-4166 hamptonmaid.com .…Tip: Try the Apple French toast
- Hampton Coffee Company: 869 Montauk Hwy, Water Mill, NY
(631) 726-2633 hamptoncoffeecompany.com
- Pierre’s in Bridgehampton 2468 Main St, Bridgehampton, NY 11932 Try the French toast, it is delicious, melts in your mouth. They are more on the pricey side but if you are on a budget you might want to avoid ordering a Mimosa. pierresbridgehampton.com
- John’s Pancake House, Montauk, 721 Montauk Hwy, Montauk, NY 11954 If pancakes is your breakfast favorite, then you will enjoy John’s Pancake House in Montauk.
- John Papas Cafe, East Hampton, 18 Park Pl, East Hampton, NY 11937 – I love John Papas Cafe in East Hampton, I usually like going there for both breakfast and brunch. I am always pleased with my meal. The service is fast and friendly. Try the Spinich Pie, it is delicious. johnpapascafe.com
- Fairway Restaurant, Sagaponak at the Poxabogue Golf Center – 3556 Montauk Hwy, Bridgehampton, NY 11932 – Breakfast served all day! That is a definate plus. www.fairwayrestaurant.co
- *Sunny’s Riverhead Diner and Grill, 87 East Main Street, Riverhead, great reviews on yelp. http://www.sunnysriverhead.com
- Sip ‘N Soda, Southampton, 40 Hamptons Road, Southampton – A family friendly place to go with your kids, but bring cash, they do not accept credit cards. On a positive it is afforable. sipnsoda.com
Breakfast is very important for you to perform at your best. It is not a good idea to skip breakfast in the interest of saving time, calories, or getting a few more minutes of sleep, remember that eating a wholesome, nutritious morning meal will probably save you time in the long run. Some people skip breakfast in an effort to lose weight. Skipping breakfast is strongly linked to the development of obesity.
I love Breakfast food and did you know that breakfast should be your heaviest meal of the day. The benefits of eating your biggest meal for breakfast may have less to do with your body and more to do with your mind. When you eat a larger breakfast, you may feel more satisfied and less deprived throughout the day. This satisfaction can help you to stick to your diet and make you less inclined to overeat in the evening. Drop me a line and let me know your favorite place in the Hamptons to have Breakfast.
update: September 11, 2020