Hamptons Happenings: News around Town
Hamptons Happenings: News around Town
There are so many new things happening in the Hamptons…much has been in the news already, but then there are the lingering rumors that have been circulating and little birdies have shed some light on those rumors that seem to plague small towns.
- Harbor Market in Sag Harbor…I was originally told they were planning on opening in late February. I stopped by last week and I see that progress is moving quickly on the total rebuild inside and it looks beautiful. There are some issues that need to be resolved with the village and the neighbors, so unfortunately it looks more like an April opening. I can wait they will have artisan brick oven pizza….yummy…(.hint…hint butternut squash with pancetta and fresh mozzarella)
- Doppio Sag Harbor….I have asked repeatedly are they re-opening in Sag Harbor and my source assures me they are coming back. It has been rumored that they have not received approval for a brick oven or outdoor seating. I am anxious to see what happens with them this summer. I was really hoping when they took over they would maintain the Madison & Main crowd, but sadly that did not happen.
- Ideal Stationary.….after years on Main Street, owners have decided to retire and close up the store. Since they own the property they will leasing and it has been rumored that Henry Lehr will be moving into that spot. Henry Lehr currently has a location on Newtown Lane in East Hampton, are they closing that location or opening up a second location in Sag Harbor. I called to get a response but I was told “no response”….hmmmm it is a wait and see for now…..
- The vacant space that once occupied the Village Cleaners 3 years ago….has been cleared out and I was told today that a new business is moving in April 1st 2015. It has been rumored that Shoe-Inn might be opening up a spot in Sag Harbor Village, I called to get some information from Shoe-Inn corporate and I was told we “have no comment”…hmmm is that a YES….Guess I will have to wait until April 1st to see who’s moving in.
- Pepalajefa the gourmet take-out has closed their doors for good and that space is available for rent. Does this surprise anyone that they are closing? The name was complicated to pronounce and the food was over the top expensive.
- Harlow in the Harbor: Contrary to the rumors being spread, they will be re-opening this Spring and “Back Harlow” will be back with some great bands. Looking forward to seeing what is on the menu this summer. I enjoyed “Back Harlow very much last year, entertaining and FUN, just what was lacking in the Harbor. I wonder who’s in the line-up for entertainment this summer
Copious Row an online store in opening in Sag Harbor this Spring 2015 with rare and specialized items that are not commonly found. A variety of criteria is considered and includes: top quality craftsmanship, a powerful origin story, and a supreme esthetic appeal. The perfect gift when nothing ordinary will do.
Looks like the Sag Harbor Pharmacy might be getting some competition in the area soon, more info to come on that soon….
Provisions:will be sporting a new look this season….They have been under renovation since the 14th of March and will be re-opening on March 25th. Can’t wait to see the new look.
Denim brand 3×1 is branching out from SoHo to Southampton this summer.3×1.us
East Hampton airport might be decreasing the number of private Helicopters landing this summer… CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
East Hampton Bowling Alley will be Become a Retail Space
Word on the street is that the new tenant in the former Georgica space is Bridgehampton Italian stalwart Osteria Salina.
Scarpetta, will be opening in Montauk, Long Island this summer, according to Eater. LDV Hospitality will be taking over the restaurant located at Gurney’s Inn in Montauk.
More updates for Hamptons Happenings to come soon…….