Claim it! App hits the Apple Store offering Free Swag
Who doesn’t like things that are FREE.. The new Claim it! app, which launched in New York City on “Black Monday” December 1st, offering free swag to users and all they have to do is watch a 15-second video ad in exchange. Think about it, for watching a 15-second commercial you could win $5 Metro-card, Chipotle gift cards or even Beats Headphones valued @ $380. You gotta CLAIM IT! to WIN IT!Unfortunately, Hamptonites the Claimit! truck will not be in the Hamptons right now, so you will need to make a trip to the city to claim your item should you win it….I hear however Claim it! might take a road trip sometime in 2015.
According to the press release, prizes will range from Beats headphones, designer handbags, high-end cosmetics, Nike and Air Jordan footwear, Sony Playstation 4s, AMC movie theater tickets, Chipotle gift cards, MTA MetroCards, and much more.
Download Claim it! on your iPhone (application download is free from the Apple App Store)
Register once with just a phone number (no name or email required)
View daily and weekly offers, select items you would like to win and submit a claim
Watch a 15-second video and you are automatically entered to win
Prizes are Redeemed:
Winners are drawn every Sunday and notified via SMS notifications
Winners will receive a unique code and have one week to claim their prize
Locate a Claim it! truck, scan your code, and redeem your prize
Anyone can use their weekly claim to automatically win and redeem a low value item (drinks, snacks, etc.) when in range of the truck’s iBeacon
Claiming an offer is easy and takes less than a minute
New offers are added every Monday and expire the following Sunday when winners are drawn
Users get to claim one of three regular offers each week
Exclusive offers can be claimed by users who check the app frequently
Thousands of winners are chosen every week via a fully automated randomized winner selection
Easy prize redemption
Users who opt-in see special offers that are tailored to their age and gender (i.e. women see more cosmetics offers)
Anyone in range of the iBeacons on the Claim it! truck can automatically win lower value items
Incredible items every week of things people really want (not samples)
Winners must be 18 years or older to redeem prizes. Only the code is necessary to redeem.
Claim it! has plans to expand to other major cities in the very near future. New Yorkers can download the Claim it! app from the Apple App Store HERE
*You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
Sorry Android users this APP is for iPhone users only….Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
3 Tips on Buying BabyStuff and Why to Buy From Warehouse.
Thinking to buy you need not worry anymore as number of online stores offer baby clothes, toys and other baby essentials at unbelievable rates. Shopping online indeed saves lot of time and efforts, as one does not have to physically visit one store to another store and can also avoid hassles of carrying those bulky shopping bags.
From items such as nappies, cot bedding, baby carrier to baby crib, there are number of items you will require for your tiny tot. Several online stores and baby warehouse offer wide variety of baby essentials comprising of impressive designs, colours and price range.
If you are planning to buy some baby stuff, then take into consideration below mentioned tips that will help you to buy right ones:
1. Check materials – It is very important to check quality of material used for making different types of baby stuff. For baby clothes, it is best to pick clothes made from cotton. New born babies have very sensitive skin and easily get rashes, so for this reason cotton made clothes are best for your tiny tot.
Before you buy baby toys, it is essential to know the composition of toys. Why? Some toys have high mercury or lead content, so you should avoid buying those toys as it can prove dangerous or hazardous to the health of your baby.
2. Exact size – Make sure that you know the exact measurements of clothes you are thinking to buy for your baby. You should understand one fact that buying online has drawback too i.e. one of which is that you cannot try clothes physically on your baby. For this reason, you should know exact measurements of clothes.
3. Buy from reliable online stores – It is important to buy baby stuff from reputed online stores as this will give you satisfaction regarding your purchase. Browse website, check product range, customer reviews and testimonials to ensure that website is authentic one.
While this was about tips regarding how to buy the best baby stuff online, let us discuss how you can make some savings while buying baby essentials from baby warehouse.
Why to consider buying baby essentials from warehouse?
Warehouse stores are very large and sell wide variety of baby stuff, much more than boutique or specialty store offers. As they sell products in huge quantity, manufacturers often give them products at much lucrative discounts which they in turn pass discount to buyers. No matter, from which warehouse you choose to buy, you are sure to get better prices at baby warehouse than what you can expect from baby specialty shop.
Thus, it is advisable to take into consideration above mentioned tips and if possible buy baby essentials from warehouse.
Originally Published in 2012…PARENT PARANOIA (The Rules)
As your child leaves for college here are the rules to share with them. It is slanted more towards girls because it was written with our daughter in mind…
1. Always carry your own money. If you can’t afford to go, stay home.
2. Take more money than you think you need, there will ALWAYS be emergencies, be prepared!
3. Never trust your friends more than your own instincts. If it doesn’t feel right, it is NOT right.
4. Never be afraid to LEAD!
5. Never let someone bring a drink to you without you seeing the bartender pour the drink. If you didn’t see it, assume the drink has been tainted. Take your drink to the bathroom with you. DANGER Will Robinson, 20,000 VOLTS!
6. If you leave your drink, NEVER return to drink it. Buy a new one.
7. You can accept a drink if someone offers to pay, BUT the purchase of a drink does not BUY your companionship FOREVER. Never feel compelled to stay in the company of a stranger or a friend because they brought you a drink!
8. Offer to pay the bill and then PAY IT.
9. Anyone who seeks to control your movement, choice of friends, contact with family or freedom of speech is NO GOOD for you and MUST be avoided.
10.You don’t have to wear LESS to be noticed. We tend to be more attracted to mystery, so cover it up!
11.Sex is NOT a bargaining tool.
12.Listen to your inner voice, it is your intuition and it will help guide you. TRUST yourself.
13.Admit when you are wrong then move on.
14.Speak up, tell YOUR truth and be prepared for people to NOT believe you. It’s OK. People lie. Truth is truth and facts are facts but sometimes they are not the same, know the difference.
15.Pay Your Own Bills. Pay your bills On Time. Never borrow money (except from Mom or Dad reluctantly). Money IS the root of all evil but boy can it be useful!
16.Always believe in the goodness of man but be prepared to deal with the Creeps, they are out there waiting to spoil your good time. Don’t let them.
17.Walk away from danger (see moths and fire!). Police sirens and flashing lights to the right, time to turn and exit stage left!
18.Life is good, enjoy it, but never at the expense of others.
19.Laugh a lot. Keep it simple. Is it really that serious? Think about the worse thing that happened to you five years ago, guess what, you’re still here. You WILL survive!
20.Have Faith and Believe in God as you perceive Him to be. He will never fail you.
Hamptons: What are the contingency plans in case of a LIRR strike?
Living in the East End of Long Island is wonderful minus the transportation. Traveling to the Hamptons is often times a nightmare and expensive. So what are the MTA contingency plans for traveling from the Hamptons to NYC in case of a Strike…NOTHING!
The Hampton Jitney will be adding more buses. The company indicated that they could add 15 to 20 buses to its fleet, which runs between Manhattan and the East End of Long Island, if it became necessary.
I reached out to the Hampton Luxury Liner to inquire if they had one and I did not get a response yet. I have delayed putting this article up because I keep hoping that the MTA and Union Leaders will settle this, both sides are talking today 7/16 as a request from the Governor. Geoffrey Lynch/Hampton Jitney, the company’s chief executive, stated to the NY Times he was skeptical about the prospect of a strike. “It’s too great an opportunity for the governor of New York not to come in at the 11th hour and broker a deal,” he said. “He would look like a hero out here on the island.” Lets just hope this does happen Geoff. This could be disastrous for Long Island residents if this pending Strike happens. We need both sides to get serious and compromise. News Flash MTA, how about a contingency plan for commuters out East.
The LIRR provides 300,000 trips every weekday – a service that cannot be replicated. Everyone should expect roadways to be extremely congested and usual commute times to be significantly longer. Therefore, the MTA strongly urge you to consider the following options, although some of these options are not viable for many.
Telecommute (Work from home).
Stay with friends and family in or near the City.
Discuss using vacation or flex time options with your employer.
Carpool with other commuters.
Use existing bus services in the Hamptons: Hampton Jitney, Hampton Luxury Liner, 7bus pick-up in Ronkonkoma.
The 7Bus that is owned by Hampton Luxury Liner sent out this contingency plan in case of a LIRR Strike:
7Bus Special LIRR Strike Discount Fare -$10..The only problem with this contingency plan is you have to drive 50 miles to Ronkonkoma and the buses will not be going in NYC, they will be stopping at Rego park for commuters to take the subway into the city.
7Bus thanks you for the overwhelming response we received to our recent customer email asking for your preferences on temporary service changes should there be a LIRR strike. As you know, a LIRR strike will result in record levels of traffic congestion on the Long Island Expressway and all other roads throughout the region.To avoid the gridlock conditions and resulting hours of travel delay that the NYS DOT and NYC DOT are expecting at the Midtown Tunnel in both directions, 7Bus will heed your suggestions and avoid that location as follows:
1. NYC Destination – All westbound 7Bus trips will terminate at the Rego Park subway stop (not Woodhaven Blvd.). All eastbound 7Bus trips will originate at Rego Park. Rego Park connects to the M, R and E (E late night only) trains. We believe our customers will be better served with a faster trip to their work locations in Manhattan by taking a subway in Queens.
2. Fares and Reservations – Until LIRR service resumes, 7Bus will accept as fare payment either existing 7Bus Commuter Passes with a reservation or a special discount one-way fare of $10 which can be purchased on the website. We cannot guarantee seats for walk-ons. Reservations are highly recommended. Walk-ons will pay $10 (cash only). All regular fares above $10 will be suspended for the duration of the strike. All sales are final. You will be able to make reservations for travel that starts on Monday, July 21st. The website will accept these reservations starting on Wednesday, July 16th.
3. Schedule Adjustments – There will be an added 7Bus from Ronkonkoma at 4:30 am and 5:00AM from Melville. We are preparing a new eastbound schedule that will be available by July 16th. Most eastbound and westbound trips will include Stony Brook, Ronkonkoma, Melville and Rego Park. All buses will stop at all locations. Complete schedule and pick-up and drop-off locations can be found at www.7Bus.com.
4. Text Messaging Alerts – 7Bus maintains a text messaging system to alert customers about delays due to traffic, schedule changes, etc. New customers should set up a profile at our website www.7Bus.com . Please include your cell phone number to get these important alerts. Existing customers should double check their profile to be sure we have the correct cell phone numbers otherwise you will not be able to receive the alerts.
So my friends, if you travel into the city everyday for work, consider carpooling with a couple of train buddies and driving down to Ronkonkoma to pick up the 7bus or take the Hampton Jitney. Based on the talks today will let you know if you need to make those reservations early. Plan early, be patient and lets hope it does not come to these contingency plans. For more information:
Get updates on the situation on a special page on the MTA website http://www.thelirrtoday.com/2014/07/lirr-strike-contingency-plan.html