6th annual Classical Students for Katys Courage
- Vanessa Leggard
- March 13, 2014
- Hamptons Happenings
- Comments Off on 6th annual Classical Students for Katys Courage
Hamptons Happenings.. 6th annual Classical Students for Katy’s Courage 2014
Sunday, March 23, 2014, at 4pm, award winning classical music students from local schools and local residents who are college students will perform at The Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor in a benefit concert for Katy’s Courage Fund to help fund pediatric cancer research. Suggested Donation: $15.
for more information about Katy’s Courage fund…click here
A community of award winning student musicians coming together to celebrate the life of Katy Stewart who lost her battle to a rare form of liver cancer at 12 years young, but not before she had captured the hearts of so many in our community. Her courage motivated the creation of Katy’s Courage Fund, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to education and support for families and children through scholarships, support for counseling, and pediatric cancer research. katyscourage.org
10 East End students from four schools will perform:
- Leo Panish, violin,
- Georgia Bennett, voice, East Hampton High school,
- Benjamin Pereira, violin,
- Kivlan King, cello, Southampton High School,
- Emmanuelle Bernard, piano,
- Christopher Ritter, piano, Pierson High School,
- Tristan Griffin, Ross School.
Local Residents Visiting from colleges are
- Matthew Maimone, piano,
- Maxfield Panish, violin,
- Christopher Beroes-Haigis, cello.
- Accompianists include Ellen Johansen, Alvin Novak , and Ge Gao
featured photo Sag Harbor Online